selfVERSUSself Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

selfVERSUSself Tournament

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Frequently Asked Questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
chonosis
Admin
chonosis

Frequently Asked Questions Empty
PostSubject: Frequently Asked Questions   Frequently Asked Questions I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 12:46 pm

This FAQ will be updated if anyone asks a question not on this list.

[sVs in general]
Question How is sVƨ different?
Most video editing tournaments weed out the lesser-skilled editors until only one editor is left. sVƨ focuses on improvement. Whoever has improved the most by the end of the tournament is the winner.

Question Why do I have to enter a base video?
In Round One, you will make a video following certain guidelines. The video you produce in Round One will be compared to your base video. If the judges find you have improved enough/past a certain threshold, your Round One video becomes your new base video and is used to compare to Round Two, so on.

Question Can't people cheat by entering in a bad/old base video and just improve off that?
Sure they could. Are they getting any better at video editing? Maybe. Are they cheating? Yes. The judges and I will keep a good eye out for anyone who is trying to do this. But in the end, I might not catch them. I guess all it comes down to is trusting the editor and knowing they really do want to improve Smile

Question Why should I join?
YOU WANT TO IMPROVE! Sure, you might get some recognition in the process, but you will also push yourself to be a better editor.

Question How many rounds will there be?
Up to five

Question How long will each round be?
1-2 months

Question How long does judging take?
2 weeks. But this may change

Question WHAT DO I WIN???!!
Bragging rights, haha. The knowledge that you are the best at improving!

[Round One]
 Question Can I do more than one challenge?
Yes and no. You are welcome to put typography in an FX video even if you decide to do the Masking challenge, as an example. However, you will only be judged using the judging criteria for the challenge you choose. This is why I ask you to write which challenge you chose in your title.

Question Wait, so I can only do what the challenge asks? I can't make a normal amv/gmv/lamv/etc with it? (this applies more to the FX category)
Of course you can! This tournament is only a guide to help you improve. The challenges are something you must incorporate into one of your normal styles. Or however you want to do it! You are welcome to just do the challenges themselves--like, making an only typography video. But you can do whatever! As long as your video follows the challenge's guidelines.

Question How do I turn in my entry?
-Post a comment with link to your entry
-Attach in a message (Go to the sVs channel, click "About", then "Send Message")
-Attach in message to chonosis

Question When is the deadline?
July 3rd, 11:59 PM Central Time Zone (UTC-06:00)

➠➠➠➠➠PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTIONS. YOU CAN ASK HERE OR MAKE A NEW TOPIC
Back to top Go down
https://svstournament.board-directory.net

Frequently Asked Questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
selfVERSUSself Tournament :: sVs Information :: FAQ and Questions-
Jump to: